Lip Service Radio Lead Stories

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Truth About "OutofService" & Lip Service Radio Revealed (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2

THE BIGGER PICTURE:

When I was initially contacted by this certain individual asking if I knew of anyone with a “bubbly personality who is well versed in pop culture” “Someone who sees the bigger picture” to co-host with her on her already existing show; I responded by telling her that I was the person she was looking for. (I had called into her show by invite a few times prior) When speaking to her after exchanging a couple of messages via MySpace she verbally expressed needing an “outgoing”, “creative” co-host having a “great attitude”.

After giving some thought of how I was going to fit another project into my already hectic schedule, I contacted the host and happily accepted the offer having great ideas in mind for the show! I had suggested that we only have the shows on two designated nights a week in able to create a buzz having a reliable schedule to promote for others to tune in. I stressed the importance in having consistent days each week due to her current unsystematic schedule not being organized for the callers & listeners to look forward to on a regular basis. We agreed on having the shows Tuesday & Wednesdays. I personally suggested Tuesday & Wednesday nights for the reason that Wednesday is also known as being “HUMP DAY” and thought we could name Tuesday nights either “Teasing Tuesdays or Tasty Tuesdays” which I felt would be a great start in changing the direction of the show to becoming known as “Grown & Sexy”. To be honest with you, I’m not quite sure what this individual was thinking of or what she had in mind when she created the name for her show, but the first thought that came to mind for me when hearing the name of the show was “oral sex”. I’m sure many of you listeners would agree LOL.

I vigorously stressed the importance of needing to live up to our name and now new image and encouraged my host to push the envelope as far as we could push it. The plan I had in mind was to interview special guest asking them personal sexual questions in a playful and stimulating mannerism making the show sexy friendly. I originally conceived the idea of having 3 female host on the show all having different levels of experience to bring to the show. I felt it would add sexiness to the show. I already had someone in mind; however this other person declined the offer. I seen the “BIGGER” picture and believed that we could take the show to the next level. To my surprise, when I had asked for a current agenda and a list of guests she had in mind to interview the next few weeks to come; she had neither agenda nor any guest despite the excitement she expressed in previous messages about future shows. I then suggested that we contact as many people as we possible could in able to lock some interviews in for the next four weeks and recommended that we at least make the attempt to have our agenda planned out 30 days in advance each month. Being excited about the BIG picture that I had in vision, I also thought it would be a great idea for me to have my own identity and suggested that I brand a signature by using a different image (pic) when promoting the shows, i.e.,



I wasn’t necessarily fond of the choice of pic/logo she had chosen to represent the show, however didn’t expect for her to change it due to already being established. Not to mention, we both have our own personalities and I felt it would be great for us to have our own image for the show.

From that point on when accepting add request on MySpace I responded with a “thank you” including my signature for branding & promotional purposes. I also started promoting for the show by posting bulletins via MySpace Titled: “COME AND GET SOME LIPSERVICE” This idea worked out very well being that I have over 2000 friends on MySpace. She may not understand how it works, but promotion has everything to do with boosting a shows rating and by me sending a thank you out to each add request that I accepted helped to promote her show taking it to the next level. Promotions is my forte’ and something that I do well being in the Public Relations & Business Development field so sending the promos out was nothing new to me.
Little did this person know when seeking a co-host who seen the BIGGER picture that she ran into an “Ordinary Woman with Extraordinary Dreams” and not only do I see the bigger picture but I have the business sense, drive and resources to take it to the next level and obviously seen a bigger picture than she herself had in mind.

Unbeknowst to me at the time, but most recently discovered while doing some research Shade 45 Radio (on Sirius) was already headlining a show titled "Lip Service" hosted by Angela Yee & Leah Rose. Go to www.myspace.com/lipserviceradio and you decide if something so similiar can be a coincidence. Take NOTE: Shade 45 Radio "Lip Service" was established in January of 2007, months prior to the host of "OutofService" setting her show up.

No comments: