Lip Service Radio Lead Stories

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Truth About "OutofService" & Lip Service Radio Revealed (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

KNOCKOUT TUESDAYS

During an “Open Discussion” segment just after one of King Mac & PB's arguing episodes the host, J’ Hustle & I began expressing to King Mac and PB how important it was for the two of them to stay hosting “The King Mac & PB Show”. It's no secret to any of us that together they have great chemistry. As a side note, in an earlier conversation, PB had mentioned not wanting to work with King Mac because he was frustrated with him at the time. As cute as it may sound, they seem to have a love/hate relationship that works well for them. That night, the idea of the two of them having their own night to host under the “OutofService” umbrella was born. It is important for you to understand that the host gladly endorsed the idea and echoed how it could work out for the both of them. In no way was this a brief conversation. The host spoke freely on the matter and was equally excited. With that being said, I was under the impression that we all wanted the same thing and had the same vision.

Feeling the sinergy of what felt like a dream team in the making we decided to coordinate a conference call for the following day to discuss the details privately, off the air. With the holiday's upon us, getting a call coordinated to accommodate everyone’s schedule was a little difficult and the call was pushed back until the coming Saturday. King Mac, PB, J’ Hustle and myself attended the call, for whatever reason the host failed to join us. During the conference call we all shared ideas for the show. The idea of “Knockout Tuesdays” was conceived and added to our show line up to compliment our “Grown & Sexy Play”. To be honest with you I was getting tired of the drama and chaos on the shows and wanted to convert to a more organized and tactful format.

I frequently found the host feeding into the drama and I often wondered why she wouldn’t take control over the show. I sat behind the switchboard in disbelief. Why she wouldn't place those callers on mute that were being disrespectful and distracting the topic of discussion was beyond me. The truth of the matter is she enjoyed the drama and manipulated it many times herself.

We all agreed that having two nights a week of “open discussion” was over kill and senseless. There desperately needed to be some type of structure/protocol added to the show. It had been long past due since a guest had been booked to interview and I was slowly loosing interest. As a result of my disinterest, I cancelled all attempts to book new guest as I was highly embarrassed with how the chaos, immaturity and Jerry Springer like culture was allowed on the show. For accomodation I suggested “Knockout Tuesday” & “Grown & Sexy Wednesday” sticking with my original idea for Wednesday nights. Under this format we could satisfy two audiences. Those individuals looking for drama could tune in on Tuesday's and the audience seeking more of a grown & sexy content could tune in on Wednedays. Who better to host "Knock Out Tuesday" than King Mac & PB? The two of them love drama. They have both managed to establish a cult like following while us ladies have had tremendous success with our “Grown & Sexy Play”. Allow me to restate that the host was not in attendance during this conference call. The host was M.I.A.

Not that the host was our "boss" or had any type of "control" over us rather out of RESPECT both J’ Hustle and I expressed the need to talk to the host prior to moving forward with any of the ideas discussed because it was her show and we didn’t want to step on her toes. It was a matter of business ethics and still is. PB had suggested that I speak to the host one on one regarding the idea because he felt that she would be less than honest in giving her true opinion and/or wouldn’t want to speak freely with the team being on the call. Without needing to be said of course I had planned to speak to the host privately being her co-host.

Needless to say, we were all very excited to share the ideas with the host.

www.lipserviceradio.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't wait till tomorow to find out what happened next! I hate cliff hangers. Does Asia agree give Mac & pb there own night? Then at the last minute back out like a coward? UGH I want to know NOW!!! If she did that to yall that's just grimey, I can't imagine how yall felt thinking that she was down with the plan than at the last second stabbing you guys in the back.

Anonymous said...

And I am still a lil' bit confused. Wassent there a confrence call that took place and that's where all the drama took place. And I herd she changed the password during the show. If she did that than why would she go on a call with you guys? Its obvious her mind was all ready made up.