Lip Service Radio Lead Stories

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Truth About "OutofService" & Lip Service Radio Revealed (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

THE BEGINNING OF THE END:

Allow me to share the experience of my second night on the air as this person’s co-host. I was able to book “Heather” from “Rock of Love” as a guest on the show; she was originally scheduled to call in on the previous day Oct 30th; however she happened to be a no-show due to a death in the family. Heather was courteous and nice enough to contact me on my cell phone during the show that night to inform me of the news and asked if she could call in the following day being Oct 31st. Although the host was hoping for “Yours” from “I love New York 2” to call in on the 31st...(I say “hoping” for the reason of not having an official commitment booked from the guest) I suggested that we allow Heather to call in as a backup plan just incase her expected guest decided not to join us. Fortunately for the show, Heather called in as agreed because “Yours” was indeed a no-show. Now, this is where it’s gets very interesting. Prior to the show starting the host and I were in the show chat box. She sent me an invite to chat “privately” and informed me of a few rivals being in the chat box describing “Krazy Daisy” as being a drama queen and someone whom enjoys starting trouble and that I should watch out for her. Once the show started and shortly after Heather called, a few minutes into her interview, we picked up a number on the switchboard belonging to a caller by the name of “Paperboy”. Paperboy wasn’t alone, he had another caller on his phone line via two-way by the name now known as “krazy Daisy”. (Her alias came about after receiving numerous of obsessive messages from this girl via Myspace) Paperboy also had an additional caller call in not long after receiving their call by the name of “King Mac”. However, TAKE NOTE: it was not revealed that night that Paperboy invited King Mac to call in. Paperboy & Krazy Daisy rudely interrupted the interview with Heather by disrespecting her, on the other hand in the midst of trying to get a word in between Paperboy & Krazy Daisy, King Mac was expressing to Heather how much he adored her but it was all too anarchic and before you knew it, Heather was chased off.

Because I had built a personal rapport with Heather offline I was highly embarrassed. The remaining time on air, approximately 60 minutes, was spent exchanging insults between Paperboy and “J Hustle”, another caller in which is from my camp. J’ Hustle was very heated not only because of the guest being disrespected and chased off but also because Paperboy felt the need to disrespect him as well. Not only did J’ Hustle get pulled into the drama, but Paperboy & King Mac were arguing back and forth with one another as well. To sum it up – it was a mess to say the least! The show that night was chaotic and senseless, not my cup of tea for a lack of better words. Surprisingly, by the end of the show we all had worked out our differences, (Game recognize Game) exchanging contact information and allowing them to plug their show in (The King Mac & Paperboy Show).

Towards the end when the dust settled, Paperboy mentioned being very confused. Paperboy did not understand why he was contacted by the host to call into the show for an interview considering that he wasn’t as popular as his partner in crime at the time “Krazy Daisy”. It was at that point that I realized the host of the show was being dishonest and had manipulated all of the drama. I was very unhappy with how things went that night and expressed not being pleased to the host during a brief conversation the two of us had after the show. I told her that I wasn’t about the drama and highly embarrassed about our guest being chased off. I expressed to her that I didn’t like the fact that she failed to give me “heads up” on contacting these people prior to the show and felt the communication between us (or lack thereof) needed much improvement. Again, “communication” is the primary key to having a successful relationship. She chose not to come clean about having anything to do with it and played dumb. I’ve grown to learn during the time of hosting with her that playing dumb is something she does very well. At any rate, I could no longer trust the host and against my better judgment gave her the benefit of the doubt and decided to keep my commitment to co-hosting the show. That night was not only the beginning of the end, but it was also the beginning of a new & improved show! Paperboy & King Mac called in the following week same time same place and from that point on were loyal callers. In a short period of time after having to check them a few times both Paperboy & King Mac learned when to act up and when not to; not only did they start showing respect for our show but our guest as well. The personality that we all brought to the table as individuals was the conception of a new & improved show. It was no longer the “host”, Gary, J’ Hustle and myself making the show we had new additions to the group and we grew as one as time went by.

No comments: