Lip Service Radio Lead Stories

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Truth About "OutofService" & Lip Service Radio Revealed (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

WILL THE REAL MC STAND UP? (Giving credit where credit is due)

It wasn’t long before King Mac & PB had recruited new callers to call into the show. The two of them are very good at spreading the word which was highly beneficial to the host’s show and helped increase the shows ratings. Their contribution was without a doubt a plus for “OutofService”.

On the night of Tuesday December 18th PB had both “Freaky Dona” & “Sukari” call in to spice up the show. I had informed the host of the show in advance that I would be calling in late due to having a client dinner to attend on that Tuesday night, but that I would indeed make it a point to leave the party early as possible to assure my attendance. Having committed to co-hosting I felt it was only right to make great effort to come through for the host. Doing my best, I was able to call in 20-minutes after the scheduled air time. I listened without saying anything for about 10 minutes and I must admit I was highly impressed with Sukari. That night it was PB who had carried the weight. I should also add that it was his idea to name the segment: “Confessions of a True Freak”. His guest was “Freaky Dona”. PB had her sharing her sexual experiences. It was Sukari’s first time calling into the show and she was doing such a fantastic job contributing to the show by directing some very intellectual questions to the guest (Freaky), questions that would help educate listeners on unprotected sex etc. As I listened, I thought to myself “wow, fortunately for the host Sukari & PB picked up her slack otherwise, listeners would have received dead air. The host was quiet as usual having very little to say. As a matter of fact, I don’t believe there would have been a show being that it was PB who arranged the segment. Sukari was carrying the show that night, she was mos def the MC. J’ Hustle called in about 5 minutes after I made myself known on the call and to say the least with J’ Hustle always playing the “Devils Advocate” causing a provocative debate the conversation got heated immediately! Long story short, it was a great show and we all as a team contributed to making it a success. To give credit where credit is due PB came through and stepped up to help out. From that night on Sukari was one of our regular callers bringing her mature elegance & life experience to the stage. I'm not one to believe in coincidences and I strongly feel we were all brought together for a reason.

No comments: